cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cannot access internal web server

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

i cant resolve one problem in may 1921 isr router, i have a web server in my internal lan , i set up static nat for accessing that web server from outside and it woks fine but i cannot view that site from internal workstations can you suggest me what to do. as i know when request gets to router it performs static nat and sends packet to the web server, but the server responds with its private source address instead the public address witch workstation expects and connection cannot established

---

Posted by WebUser Nika Picxelauri

3 Replies 3

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

This is called hairpinning and it's not implemented on Cisco enterprise routers.

One workaround is to use DNS doctoring: provided you have a public DNS with the record for your public IP then you can access it from inside by fqdn.

Alain.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Alain's correct

Maybe you have 2 copies.

1 Production for public

2. Development for your internal access to update /make changes etc. This is more recommended method

is normally suited in hosting environments

HTH

Kishore

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

I don't get it. If you are trying to access an internal server from the internal network what brings you to the router?

---

Posted by WebUser Ahmed Rasmy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: