Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV016 DMZ configuration

ptalatichs
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Friends

Here is the scenario

I want to connect one of the system in DMZ and rest all behind the firewall.

I have about 62 public IP and out of that first 5 public IP's I am using for my other systems and my cisco RV016 firewall, 6th public IP i am using for my machine

which i have to connect in DMZ.

Under Setup-> One-to-One Nat I have natted my private IP (192.168.1.99) to the public IP (209.X.X.X) as there is only one IP to be natted instead of range.

I have given 192.168.1.99 to my machine which i want to connect in DMZ and I have given that IP in the DMZ host setting under setup.

Under Setup- >Network setting i have configured DMZ  connection as "Range (DMZ & WAN withing same subnet) as it falls under the same subnet and in the range i entered same public IP in from (209.X.X.X) to (209.X.X.X) as I want only one IP in the DMZ.

Under Setup -> Network I have enabled multiple Subnet in LAN settings with the pulbic IP range which I have it.

After doing al this above configuration I am not able to ping my DMZ IP from LAN as well as from WAN.

Please guide me if anything wrong in the above configuration.

1 Reply 1

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

Pragnesh,

If you're wanting to give you're DMZ a private range you need to select SUBNET not DMZ&WAN within same subnet.

Please call into support center @ 1-866-606-1866 and open a support case so we can take a closer look at what needs to be accomplished so we can assist and test your configuration.

Thanks,

Jasbryan

Other support nunbers if not within US and Canada

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: