cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ringer volume will not save on 6921 IP Phone

jameskuder
Level 1
Level 1

We have a user that when he receives an incoming calls, he does not hear it ring. He can hear it when he is adjusting it, but it will not ring for calls. I have check the button settings and they are all correct.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok,

So first rebuild the ephone-dn and ephone in CME, then if this does not fix it, move the DN to another phone to see if the issue follows the number or the phone.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Could be several issues.

Be sure that the line is set to ring on CUCM.

It could also be one of these bugs:

CSCtr97656 If on 9.2(1) go back to 9.1(1)

CSCtc72457 fixed in 9.0(2)

TwD

We are on 9-2-1-1-sr and it is only happening on one phone. I also had the user try calling the phone from another phone on the CME by just dialing the four digit extension. It does ring. It only does not ring when calling phone via the full DID Number.

What does the caller hear?

Do they hear it ring?  If so, can you pickup the phone while the caller hears it ringing and get connected?

If they call their number from an outside line using all 10 digits, they hear nothing. They only see the button flashing.

If they call their extension from another phone on the same CME system by dialing the 4 digit extension, they hear the audible ring as well as see the button flash.

You can pickup the calls either way

Ok,

So first rebuild the ephone-dn and ephone in CME, then if this does not fix it, move the DN to another phone to see if the issue follows the number or the phone.

I rebuilt the ephone-dn and ephone in CME and that fixed it. Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: