error during password recovery CUCM 8.0.2 VMW

alberto.douglas
Level 1
Level 1

I install a subscriber and im sure i put the right username and password,

i did this

•Username: pwrecovery

•Password: pwreset

The Welcome to admin password reset window displays.

but stil lgiving me an error. but i notice that when i try to ssh i put the password and i got this

Last login: Wed Nov  2 21:44:16 2011

/usr/local/platform/bin/cliscript.sh: Permission denied

10 Replies 10

alberto.douglas
Level 1
Level 1

alberto.douglas
Level 1
Level 1

I fixed this issue reinstalling the CUCM

now is working

Hi Alberto

how to reinstalling CUCM, i've tried to reinstall by inserting installation CD to MCS7825, but it is won't make install, it show message that the deployment cannot be done in this hardware.

please help

Regards,

Ahmad

kabiru_acer wrote:

Hi Alberto

how to reinstalling CUCM, i've tried to reinstall by inserting installation CD to MCS7825, but it is won't make install, it show message that the deployment cannot be done in this hardware.

1. Could you post the complete MCS server model ?

2. Also, are you trying to install directly on the MCS box or planning for VM installation as your previous CUCM 8.0.2 was on VM ?

GP.

Hi Gajanan,

thank you for your reply,

my server is MCS-7825I4, i try to directly installing the CUCM, the first install was done, but there are some problems related to database error, java, etc.

so i will to just blow it all by reinstall the CUCM, please advice

Regards,

Ahmad KR

Your server appears supported. Please locate the server model here http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/prod_brochure0900aecd8062a4f9.html

but with following note..

Supported, but note that Cisco Unified Communications Manager 5.0 and later require or recommend (depending on server model and software release) minimum memory and disk size as described in the table below. For Cisco Unified Communications Manager 8.0(3) and above, it is strongly recommended to upgrade to minimum 4GB RAM and 146GB disk drive; whether this is necessary for your deployment is design-dependent and depends on call volume, installed locales, dial plans, phone firmware loads, music files, etc. Use

http://www.cisco.com/go/swonly to get supported memory and disk part numbers Supported, but note that Cisco Unified Communications Manager 5.0 and later require or recommend (depending on server model and software release) minimum memory and disk size as described in the table below. For Cisco Unified Communications Manager 8.0(3) and above, it is strongly recommended to upgrade to minimum 4GB RAM and 146GB disk drive; whether this is necessary for your deployment is design-dependent and depends on call volume, installed locales, dial plans, phone firmware loads, music files, etc. Use http://www.cisco.com/go/swonly to get supported memory and disk part numbers

Pls rate the post if it helps.

GP.

Hi Gajana,

thanks for your help,

but how about the error, when i tried to reinstall CUCM, it can't be done by system, how typically to reinstall the CUCM

any idea about this ?

Regards,

Ahmad

Ahmad,

Are you trying to install CUCM 8.0.2 or any other version ?

Also following are the MCS 7825 I4 server models supported for 8.0.2, which one exactly is your's

MCS-7825-I4
MCS-7825-I4-IPC1

MCS7825I4-K9-CMA2
MCS7825I4-K9-CMB1

MCS7825I4-K9-CMB2
MCS7825I4-K9-CMC2
MCS7825I4-K9-CMD1
MCS7825I4-K9-IMED1

IBM x3250-M2

GP.

Hi Gajana,

my server is

MCS7825I4-K9-CMD1,  actuallyi will install CUCM 8.6

what do you think ?

Regards.

AKR

Ahmad,

Yes,  MCS7825I4-K9-CMD1 is supported with CUCM 8.6 but with following conditions. Consider upgrading your hardware resources as advised in the condition below & you should be able to install without any issues.

Condition :

Supported, but note that Cisco Unified Communications Manager 5.0 and later require or recommend (depending on server model and software release) minimum memory and disk size as described in the table below. For Cisco Unified Communications Manager 8.0(3) and above, it is strongly recommended to upgrade to minimum 4GB RAM and 146GB disk drive; whether this is necessary for your deployment is design-dependent and depends on call volume, installed locales, dial plans, phone firmware loads, music files, etc. Use

http://www.cisco.com/go/swonly to get supported memory and disk part numbers. Supported, but note that Cisco Unified Communications Manager 5.0 and later require or recommend (depending on server model and software release) minimum memory and disk size as described in the table below. For Cisco Unified Communications Manager 8.0(3) and above, it is strongly recommended to upgrade to minimum 4GB RAM and 146GB disk drive; whether this is necessary for your deployment is design-dependent and depends on call volume, installed locales, dial plans, phone firmware loads, music files, etc. Use http://www.cisco.com/go/swonly to get supported memory and disk part numbers.

Pls rate the post if it helps.

GP

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: