cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM (6.1.4) Call Ctr Pub HW RAM Failure Process

Ronald Marx
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone point me to some Cisco documentation on the process / procedure for changing out RAM on a HP Proliant DL380 G5 Series server used as CUCM Publisher in a Call Center environment?

Points of interest are, correct process to shut-down, ram swap (static strap or not), correct start up and system test?

4 Replies 4

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Ronald,

I found this link for you

http://h20464.www2.hp.com/resultsCSR.htm?prodSeriesId=1121516&MEID=3C2E6BF4-E03D-4F1D-9C31-1A2CEC94E8FD

In the left hand side click on DIMM, then watch the video its only a couple of minutes

1) Shut down any services that are running like CUCM, Windows etc

2) Power off

Wear an anti static strap and attach to server grounding metal work

Follow the video.

Power up and monitor

HTH

Alex

Please rate useful posts

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Wow, both I and Cisco TAC could not find any documentation on this...!

I had an opportunity to get a response from another guy that has a ccie voice cert and he provided a response also ... Do you want me to send that to you for reference ?

Sent from my iPhone4

CUCM AGT Call Ctr Pub RAM Swap Out

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Server will require to be shut down cleanly!

1.  Log into the command line interface via SSH to XX.XX.XXX.XX (agent publisher).

2.  Use the CUCM Platform Administrator login to access the Publisher/Agent server operating system

3.  Shut the box down with the admin: command "utils system shutdown"

4.  The box will shut itself down cleanly and power off.  This takes several minutes.  Be patient.

5.  Once you have it shut down, you can pull it out of the rack and open it up. Static grounding strap

is a really good idea if you can't stay constantly grounded and/or if you have a static problem.

6.  Once you have it replaced, you can close it back up and power it back on. 

7.  If you have an issue and need to shut it down again, do so CLEANLY...do not hard power the system

off during the boot process unless it hangs as unbootable.

8.  Once it's back on line, use RTMT to ensure the DBReplication comes back on line correctly.

Ronald

Thanks for the update.

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: