Views
Helpful
Replies

POTS dial-peer trying to register with SIP Registrar

nz78au
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I was setting up CUBE-SIP-to-SIP trunk for PSTN. This router is also set up for SRST and it has relevant dial-peers configured. After configuring this I saw following messages trying to send the register messages to registrar:as.nipt.telstra.com. The service provider saw those message as well. To stop this initially I shut down all the dial-peers and later I had to add "no sip-register" and after no shut I can see those messages have stopped. I am now wondering why this happened? Why these dial-peers were sending the messages? Is adding "no sip-register" a solution or just a work around.

Nov  8 16:36:58.242 ACST: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/SIP/Msg/ccsipDisplayMsg:

Sent:

REGISTER sip:as.nipt.telstra.com:5060 SIP/2.0

Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 10.20.251.45:5060;branch=z9hG4bK5414D2

From: <sip:004........@as.nipt.telstra.com>;tag=4633F78-67F

To: <sip:004........@as.nipt.telstra.com>

Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 07:06:58 GMT

Call-ID: C21A9B6D-8E911E1-811C9CC9-B72173B1

User-Agent: Cisco-SIPGateway/IOS-15.2(1)T1,

Max-Forwards: 70

Timestamp: 1320736018

CSeq: 91 REGISTER

Expires:  3600

Supported: path

Content-Length: 0

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rivasque
Level 1
Level 1

Hello...

Adding the no sip-register is the solution on this, by default the gateway will try to register with SIP or gatekeeper depending on what you have configured any number on the configuration either on a DN or destination pattern.

The no sip-register is the solution on this.

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

nz78au
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone ???

rivasque
Level 1
Level 1

Hello...

Adding the no sip-register is the solution on this, by default the gateway will try to register with SIP or gatekeeper depending on what you have configured any number on the configuration either on a DN or destination pattern.

The no sip-register is the solution on this.

Hi,

What about the VOIP dial-peers? I have a CUE with CME and a SIP Trunk, i can see the CUE pilots are trying to register with my SIP!!

Regards,

Go ahead and add:

no register e164

on the oip dial-peers, taht will stop the registration messages with the Destination-pattern on they.

hello

when i do a no register e164, my sip service stops and the sip-ua config has to be re entered.

Line                             peer       expires(sec) registered P-Associ-URI

================================ ========== ============

7039451007                       -1         2007         yes          // calls work when this is registered

81[2-9].........                       5          63           no              // dial peer trying to register

sip-ua config is used to register to your sip service provder. Without it or if you have incorrect sip-ua details the sip tries to register using pots dial-peer information and in some cases it was register but calls may not work as your service provider may reject the calls.

correct on the sip-ua config. what im stating is when i added the no register e164 under the voip dialpeers that keps sending register request, the confing under my sip-ua goes missing, so i have to add the credentials, the sip-ua address and port etc all over again and the calls start to work again.

I have not seen this behaviour on 2900 (IOS 15.1) and 2800 (IOS 12.4) series routers. What is your router model and IOS version?

Hello.

What about system-configured dial peers?

These dialpeers appear when the phone (Cisco 7940) is registered via sccp and cannot be changed.

show telephony-service dial-peer

dial-peer voice 20001 pots
destination-pattern 111$
huntstop
progress_ind setup enable 3
port 50/0/1

(config)#dial-peer voice 20001 pots
                                                ^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

The command is not applicable for system added dial peers for SRST.

Response Signature

Do you mean "no sip-register"?

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but I'm curious - if the no sip-register command is not applicable to a pots dial-peer, then how do we prevent the dial-peer from attempting to register? 

No problem at all. I went back and changed my previous answer as I now see that I was very unclear in it. The command is applicable on user defined POTS dial peers, but not system defined, like the once created by SRST.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: