Views
Helpful
Replies

Abandon calls primary and secondary skills

Ericanicolas
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning all,

I hope someone can help me. If a group of agents is connected to a skill group with more than one category how does cisco count the number of abandoninQ, Abandon ring, calls handled and offered?

For example:

When downloading perskg32 report the data shows as follows:

SG_GENERAL_ PRI_ESP

CallsQueuedCallsAbandInQAbandonRingRedirectNoAnswerCallsHandledCallsOffered

214                   27                      8                    19                      927              981

SG_GENERAL_SEC_ESP

CallsQueuedCallsAbandInQAbandonRingRedirectNoAnswerCallsHandledCallsOffered

214                    27                    0                    0                         0                         27

As shown some of the values are repeated, so what are my totals for Abandon and Total number of Calls?

CallsQueued=214 or 428

CallsAbandInQ= 27 or 54

CAllsOffered=981 or 1008

Report Summary field the data are the values in red.

Thank you in advanced

Erica

4 Replies 4

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Erica,

Check your call type reports for a more accurate count on those numbers.

Set a "queuing call type" just before the queue to skill group nodes - by definition, a "queuing call type" will be the last in the series of call types (after you have peeled off holidays, after-hours etc. calls). No "flow out" from this call type.

Regards,

Geoff

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Erica,

if one call is queued to multiple skill groups, the number for the CallsQueued will be incremented for all of the skill groups. Same applies to the Calls

AbandonedInQueue column as well. It's quite logical - the system queues one call to two or more skill groups, and if the customer decides to hang up while in the queue, the call will be abandoned for all of the skill groups. Similar logic applies to the CallsOffered column, which is basically the number of calls that touched that skill group.

It's quite different, however, when it comes to AbandonRing or RONA - this is already past the queue, when the system already knows where to route the call to: to the agent.

Back to those numbers:

214 calls were queued (to all skill groups);

27 calls were abandoned (for all skill groups);

981 calls offered (~ touched the skill group).

Might be a bit confusing, but one needs to see this from the point of view of skill group, not calls.

I can only agree with Geoff, if you need to count calls as such, you need to insert call types into your ICM scripts, before sending calls to skill groups, or at any place where you want to measure the number of calls. The way I always explain this to a customer is: calltypes are basically turnstiles with a security officer standing next to them, keeping an eye on everyone going through the gate.

G.

Ericanicolas
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you to you both

Now I get it!!!!!

Regards

Erica

Erica,

One further comment, if I may.

I wrote a bit of a long resonse to a call type post recently where I noted some of my ideas around instrumenting UCCE scripts for reporting with call types. May be useful to you.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3480309

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: