Views
Helpful
Replies

Virus Outbreak Summary

ssmalley77
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am new to the Ironport world.  We receive a daily report (see image below) advising of local outbreaks.  Not being familiar with this I am concerned there might be an issue with our network.  Or is this spam/virus that have tried getting in that the ironport has blocked?

Thanks in advance

Steve

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin Eppler
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Steve,

the Virus Outbreak Report (in later AsyncOS releases named 'Outbreak Filters' Report) provides an insight which threats and viruses have been seen globally. Only in the last column (Quarantined Messages) you would see the number of messages your appliance has been receiving (and quarantined based on the Virus Outbreak Filters feature).

So in fact there is no issue with your network as a) the report lists all threats globally seen by Cisco IronPort Virus Outbreak Filters and b) the number of quarantined messages in your screenshot is 0 which means your mail traffic did not contain the listed threats.

I'd recommend to review the Virus Type report if you want to receive a better picture of actual viruses that have been found by your appliance directly.

Hope this helps. if not, please let us know.

Thanks and regards,

Martin

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Martin Eppler
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Steve,

the Virus Outbreak Report (in later AsyncOS releases named 'Outbreak Filters' Report) provides an insight which threats and viruses have been seen globally. Only in the last column (Quarantined Messages) you would see the number of messages your appliance has been receiving (and quarantined based on the Virus Outbreak Filters feature).

So in fact there is no issue with your network as a) the report lists all threats globally seen by Cisco IronPort Virus Outbreak Filters and b) the number of quarantined messages in your screenshot is 0 which means your mail traffic did not contain the listed threats.

I'd recommend to review the Virus Type report if you want to receive a better picture of actual viruses that have been found by your appliance directly.

Hope this helps. if not, please let us know.

Thanks and regards,

Martin

Hi Martin,

thanks for the information.  Greatly appreciated

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: