cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco DPC3925(Wireless Residential Gateway) doesn't work with Bonjour!

nalawong1
Level 1
Level 1

I've just bought a HP AirPrint enabled printer(LaserJet 1536dnf), check through with HP techincal support and read through forums.

Realised that I need to find a way to ENABLE Bonjour on this router.

All my other Mac that's connected to this router, wirelessly, also don't need to detect each other via Bonjour.

Anybody knows how can I "TURN-ON" this feature?

Tried to readup on multi-casting but still don't get any hint on configuring this.

2 Replies 2

cindy toy
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Alan,

Thank you for your question.  However, this community is for Cisco Small Business Products and the DPC3825 is not a Cisco Small Business Product.

Your product is an internet service provider (ISP) supported product.  In other words you need to contact your ISP or technology reseller that you purchased this from to help you with your question.

However I did some research and found this area which may help you:

http://www.cisco.com/web/consumer/support/prod_modems.html#~homegateways

Regards,

Cindy Toy

Cisco Small Business Community Manager

for Cisco Small Business Products

www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport

twitter: CiscoSBsupport

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!

action.jay
Level 1
Level 1

HI guys,

I was doing some research into this issue as well. The only workaround so far is hooking up your own router and setting it to DMZ, as outlined by this fellow - http://troyfontaine.com/2011/11/cisco-dpc3825-from-shaw-clearer-answers/

Meanwhile, it seems the best we residential users can do is pester the ISP to pester Cisco for a firmware fix.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: