Views
Helpful
Replies

Help - New setup extensions cant be dialed

paulwebshark
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There

I have a SPA9000 (and SPA400 but lets leave that aside for now), with two SPA922 handsets; and a analogue phone on Port 1 of the device.

I bought this to be able to set these up to call between themselves.  No plans to hook up to a VOIP provider or internet just at the moment.

I have run through the setup wizard.  The phones have picked up their settings (Ext201 and Ext202 for the IP handsets and Ext301 for the analogue phone).

The screens show their extension numbers and all have dialtones.

However I can't dial anything.  If I enter, or start to enter the extension of another phone it says 'Invalid Number'.  Selecting one of the other extensions from the directory - same issue.    Pressing 9 is the only thing that seems to work and that pushes me to a changed dialtone and nothing else.

The config is out of the box after the wizard - have not made any advanced setting changes.

Any assistance greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Paul

1 Reply 1

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

It sounds like the dial plans on the phones weren't updated.  This should have been done by the wizard.

You should factory reset all the devices and run through the wizard again.  Make sure that you are running the latest wizard which would upgrade the phones to the latest release as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: