PVC-300 video stream selection

Unanswered Question
Nov 14th, 2011
User Badges:

I have several PVC-300 cameras that I am accessing via HTTP.  They work great, but the web interface always defaults to using stream 1 at first login.  I then usually go into client settings and switch to stream 2, which is configured for lower bandwidth. 

Explaining how to do this to users would be a pain, so I would like to have the camera use stream 2 automatically.  Is there anyway to configure an HTTP link that would force the camera to use stream 2 every time?  I know this is possible when using jpg or RTSP, but I didn't see anything in the manual about how to do it for video-streaming via HTTP.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Jacien

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
mpyhala Wed, 11/30/2011 - 14:58
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

Hi Jacien,

Thank you for posting. Is it possible to lower the bandwidth on stream 1 and raise it on stream 2? That way if the browser likes to default to stream 1 at least that will be the desired bandwidth most of the time. If you wish to view at a higher bandwidth you can switch to stream 2.

hapcap Mon, 12/12/2011 - 11:42
User Badges:

I was able to swap the bandwidth settings for stream 1 and stream 2.  That solved the issue for viewing from a browser, but it causes another issue.  The included camera software also defaults to stream 1.  (Advanced Video Monitoring Software v2.0.2.1)

So anyone using the software to view the cameras locally will be stuck on the same low-bandwidth settings as the web viewers.  There's an option in the software to change streams, but it looks like it's disabled in the free version?  Can you confirm this?

Thanks!

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content