Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2.1 changing smtp server

john.caterino
Level 1
Level 1

Running lms 3.2.1   CS 3.3.1  on Windows 2003

I need to point the LMS server to a new mail relay, but when I make the change in

CS->SERVER->Admin->System Preferences  smtp server

It claims to have made the change successfully but the old IP address remains.

I made a successfull change days before.  Any help/thoughts appreciated?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi John,

Yes , you can edit the regdaemon.xml file directly to replace the ip address and  that will fix the issue.

Note :Before you make the changes in the file , keep a backup of the file.

Thanks

Afroj

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi John,

Kindly send me the regdaemon.xml file (NMSROOT\MDC\etc)

Thanks
Afroj
Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Afroj,

Thank You for the response.  Unfortunately I am unable to provide the regdaemon.xml as this is a closed system.

The  regdaemon.xml file shows the old ip address that is displayed in the gui, however when I try to update it through the gui, the smtp.log shows successfull validation of the smtp service using the updated ip address.

I understand that this may not be resolvable without me providing this file and I can open a TAC case if necessary.

Can I edit the regdaemon.xml file directly to replace the ip address?

Hi John,

Yes , you can edit the regdaemon.xml file directly to replace the ip address and  that will fix the issue.

Note :Before you make the changes in the file , keep a backup of the file.

Thanks

Afroj

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco