cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUIC - Meaning of "Offered" in Call Type Historical All Fields?

Chun Ngai Wong
Level 1
Level 1

I am using the report template "Call Type Historical All Field Daily". And i feel very confusing on the field "Offered".

From Cisco document, offered tasks is the field CallsOffered from table Call_Type_Interval when means "The "The total number of calls of this call type offered during the reportinginterval.".

From "Call Type Historical All Field Daily" report, Can i make an assumption that

"Offered = Handled + Aban + Return + Default Treatment + Network Routed + Flow Out + Call Error + Other" ?

But i found that the number of offered task always is greater than the sum of right hand side. So where is the missed offered call/ task? (my system only has call task)

Thank you for any suggestion.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

no, unfortunately, you cannot compare the value of "Offered" to the sum of all other columns, the way you tried.

Offered means the number of calls past the call type in a reporting interval.

Handled means the number of calls past the call type that were handled in a reporting interval - but watch out, this may include calls that passed the calltype before the reporting interval started.

The same applies to the other columns. So this may be the reason why you see less calls for the sum of other columns than the "Offered" value.

G.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

no, unfortunately, you cannot compare the value of "Offered" to the sum of all other columns, the way you tried.

Offered means the number of calls past the call type in a reporting interval.

Handled means the number of calls past the call type that were handled in a reporting interval - but watch out, this may include calls that passed the calltype before the reporting interval started.

The same applies to the other columns. So this may be the reason why you see less calls for the sum of other columns than the "Offered" value.

G.

Hi Gergely,

I understand the value is based on 30mins interval (by default).Some calls enter the calltype may be marked as handled in next interval.

What i am trying to do is to provide daily report. I think the figure should match in daily report, unfortunately two sides does not match. And it is difficult to explain the figure "offered" to customer as it does not have any break down.

Dennis

Hi,

I do understand your struggle but you cannot simply compare data which is not supposed to be compared. If you want to see the calls, you need to break away from CUIC/WebView and take a look at the database tables (or, more specifically: database views), especially the ones named Route_Call_Detail and Termination_Call_Detail. The combination of these two will give you the list of all calls - in theory.

If your call center does not run 24 hours a day, there's a slight chance that you can compare information, but using strict daily aggregation. Let me just check, what other columns we can use for comparison. What is the ICM version you are using?

G.

Hi Gergely,

My ICM version is 8.5.2.

I will provide alternative to customer which is a calculated value that sum up all the break down value in daily report

(Handled + Aban + Return + Default Treatment + Network Routed + Flow Out + Call Error + Other).

Anyway thank you for your help.

Dennis

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: