cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attachments during the Ordering Moment

Brian Hom
Level 1
Level 1

Can attachments be added to a request during the ordering moment?

We would like to allow customers the abilibty to add attachments prior to submitting a request.  Is this possible?

Thank you,

Brian

5 Replies 5

Hi Bian,

Yes - that is standard functionality. If customer clicks the Add & Review button on the order form, rather than the Submit Order button, they are taken to a page when they can add attachments prior to submitting the request.

Regards,
Ed

We also need to be able to add attachments on the order page.  Do you have any more detail on the custom fille upload solution and how it was implemented?

Ant Erickson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Brian,

If you mean, adding them before directly on the order form (before using Add & Review), you need to implement a custom file upload solution which nS can install.  Our customers found the Add & Review process not quite as intuitive as they were expecting and despite training, we felt it was better to place the attachments on the order forms themselves.

This gives the added benefit of being able to permission attachments, which has proved very useful.

Thanks,

Ant

Tim Schmitt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ant.

Do you know if the custom solution is one that is compatable with WebSphere?  I've seen some other soltuions that were built in ASP but have not seen one built that would work with in a WebSphere environment.

Tim

Ant Erickson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Tim,

Indeed it does, it's all JSP as part of the RC environment - we're running it on a clustered WebSphere environment now.  It also abstracts the actual files away from the DB and in to a file share which I find is a far more sustainable architecture than bloating a DB with blobs.

It also wraps some nice little security features around the attachments as well (we have it so links to the files can't be copied, and access to the file share is actually completely locked down which means the application HAS to open the attachment for a user - beneficial for Human Resources-style files).

It was frequently requested on the old site, I would hope that it would become a productised feature in future by way of a 'field type' but it is quite a customisation so not sure if anytime soon.

Cheers,

Ant