cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to delete Report expression validation (default)

Sridhara Akam
Level 1
Level 1

I am having a issue while i am working on the report studio. It seems somewhere some setting was enabled and for every expression that i am creating, is getting validate defaultly and it is not letting me move ahead with my report design.

When I create a expression or creating any kind of formulas or anything what is not customised, is defaultly getting validated and it is taking me to the prompt page and from there i was not able to save my report or expression and move ahead. It is happened only on my machine and when i checked with other colleagues, my profile seems to be fine and i was able to save the expressions. Any help in this regard is greatly appreciated.

3 Replies 3

As far as I know, this is the default behavior of Cognos and is not controllable by any setting. If you just  click cancel in response to the prompt page, Cognos should dismiss the prompt page and you should be able to continue with your report design. 

Sridhara Akam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Leslie, thanks for your response. The issue is I am not able to proceed ahead with any modifications of the expressions, whereas i was able to modify the same from other's machine with my own account. So it was clear that it was not an issue with my profile settings in Cognos. Something on my machine was set automatically which is always hitting the report server for validation, whenever i create a new expression or modifying the existing one.

Sridhara Akam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Leslie,

I was able to come out of the expression validation. It is saving my modified formulas. Thanks for your time.

Sri