Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using Rule 'When Task =' doesn't work

Original post by Miriam Rubin
11:04pm, May 23

I have 1 service that has many tasks. I created an AFC that reads - if task name equals xxx then alert xxx

No alert is shown.

I want this AFC to trigger the alert as soon as the customer opens the form for the very first time.

My task names have spaces in them, and upper & lower case. Do you have any ideas for a solution?

Thanks! 

1 Reply 1

Andy Green - KeyBank 2008.2 
2:37am, May 24 

Miriam,
Is the form you're working with a customer facing form or for a service team? If a customer facing I'm not sure Task name = to would be valid, as you're not into any of the post ording moments. I would think using moment = ordering, alert, on load would be more appropriate. 

If for someone past the customer/initiator I would actually try task name contains. We've not had that much luck with = to in our task name conditions. 

Just my $0.02. 

Miriam Rubin 
5:29am, May 24

Andy,

Thank you for your reply. Here's my situation. I have 1 ordering moment with 7 or 8 sub-tasks in them. Basically 7-8 players add information to the order before it can be submitted. So I'm not sure that moment = ordering would work, since all 7-8 are 'ordering moments' I want to use the AFC only for the first sub-task. I've tried 'contain's (upper/lower case) and have met with no luck. Any suggestions?

Ed Contini - newScale
6:59am, May 24

Miriam,
If you name each one of your authorization/review tasks uniquely -- that is the Subject of the task, not the Name -- then your "Task Name > Contains" contitional rule will work. You can have your rule fire in the onLoad event, and you will be able to display a unique alert for each authorization/review task.

Just my $0.02.If for someone past the customer/initiator I would actually try task name contains. We've not had that much luck with = to in our task name conditions.Just my $0.02.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: