Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"order on behalf of" question

"order on behalf of" question

We recently were asked to enable the order on behalf of feature within RC07 however when I went to enable it from within the administration module/customizations I notice that this feature is off by default and the wording for that feature states that the feature might be removed altogether from future releases.

What I am curious to see is how people are currently handling the order on behalf of configuration:

• do you have it enabled for everyone
  • are you using roles
  • if using roles how are you using them and why

Thanks in advance for your responses

Rob

4 Replies 4

Hi Rob,

Enabling Order on Behalf for everyone in the system is still easy, if that's what you want to accomplish. The reason that you see the "feature might be removed" message in Administration>Settings>Customizations is that there is now a much more system-performance-efficient mechanism for doing so.

The new "Anyone" object in OrganizationDesigner>Roles has been designed for just this sort of use case.

(1) In OrganizationDesigner>Roles, select the Anyo

Tylor Hagerman
Level 1
Level 1

We have enabled it for everyone as well.  Also on 2006.

Emir E
Level 1
Level 1

We have it enabled for everyone. Our restriction rights remain at the service level.

We still use 2006 so no RBAC

Catherine Wood
Level 1
Level 1

The wording to which you refer, on the Administration/Settings page, applies only to the "free-for-all" scenario in which everyone can order on behalf of everyone else, as opposed to the OOB feature itself.  What is likely to be deprecated is the free-for-all setting, since (as the description in Admin/Settings says) newScale recommends that you grant OOB permissions through Roles.  The "this feature" reference is ambiguous on the page and we will undoubtedly correct that.

-- Catherine

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: