cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

js library references - files missing?

Alan LaQuay
Level 1
Level 1

Our js library listing is showing several newScale libraries, but the files themselves don't exist.

Our js library listing is showing several newScale libraries, but the files themselves don't exist. We haven't had a need for them thus far, but there might be some useful functions out there that we don't need to re-invent.

Some I have found posted on this forum, but not others . i.e. rc-mail.js, rc-select.js

Any light shed on this would be appreciated!

2 Replies 2

Alan -

I wouldn't be concerned about the "missing" JavaScript files.  They were required in previous versions of the software, but have not been used since newScale 2008.1.  Some versions of the Catalog Libraries included references to these JavaScript files erroneously.  You should, infact, simply remove the references and everything would continue to work exactly as it has been working. That's what I did in some of our RC instances that inherited this problem.

Alan LaQuay
Level 1
Level 1

Leslie -

Thanks for the reply, however, I am curious as to what functions the rc-mail.js might contain, as I am working on some customized email notifications and there might be some useful information contained therein... if there is still a version of the code hanging around somewhere. Thx!