cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

uc320w with isdn (uk) missing leading zero

Matthew Needs
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, we have configured a uc320 in the UK with the mediatrix 4400 for isdn bri access. The uc has been fully upgraded with the latest patches and incoming/outgoing calls work fine. However, when an incoming call is missed the number displayed on the handsets is missing the leading zero? This means that a customer number redial fails... How do we get around this? I see that the mediatrix is capable of digit substitution. But is this a recommended course of action? And is there an example config available to confirm things?

Many thanks

Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jo Kern
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

for incoming ISDN calls please try the instructions here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-20771

For incoming SIP calls you might want to ask your SIP service provider if he can add a 0

I will keep you posted when a better solution will be implemented on the UC320W.

Jo

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Julien Paleni
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm in France and i have the same problem. My uc320 is set up with a sip trunk and just like you, the leading zero is missing for redial.

Does-it possible to have a pmf file to correct this ?

Thanks

Jo Kern
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

for incoming ISDN calls please try the instructions here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-20771

For incoming SIP calls you might want to ask your SIP service provider if he can add a 0

I will keep you posted when a better solution will be implemented on the UC320W.

Jo

Thanks Jo! Great detailed info... We'll be testing this shortly and will keep this thread updated with any developments.

Kind Regards

Matt

Jo Kern
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, here is a workaround on how to dial numbers from the "missed calls" menu on the SPA phones on a UC320W.

Not perfect but quick and you can steer your calls easily out a different trunk if you like.

Otherwise re-configure the Mediatrix to automate this as mentioned in my other post.

Step1:

Open the missed calls menu, press "Miss"

Step 2:     Select the call you want to return, the newest missed call is on top of the list:

Step 3: Since a leading zero is missing , you just press 'edit dial'

Step 4: The cursor is already at the beginning of the number. Just press the keypad with the required digit . Let's say '0'. And then the 'Dial' Softkey on the screen. You added the second zero and dialed with 2 key presses.

It is not one click but it is quick.

Jo

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

I will contact my SIP service provider and see if he can add a 0 on the incoming call.

Adding the 0 on the phone before calling, it's a little complicated for the end-users...

Matthew Needs
Level 1
Level 1

Just for forum completeness.. This solution worked perfectly for us! Thanks again..

Matt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: