cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help Setting Up "Night Ring"

invtechnologies
Level 1
Level 1

Working with a UC560 using CCA 3.1 (1) and trying to setup the option for users to turn on a special night ring when they leave the office.  The system does not use an Auto Attendant during the day and all incoming calls just go to a hunt group to be answered by a receptionist.

When the last person leaves for the day, we want the ability for them to be able to turn on a night ring.  When people call into the office once the night ring is on, they will hear a message that the office is closed and be given the option to dial the extension of the person they are looking for or leave a message.

Question, what is the best way to set this up?   Looking at the Night Service section in the CCA, it does not appear to be the best way to do what we are trying to accomplish.

Is there another way?  Certainly this is easy to do in the CCA.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi There,

You were on the right track to begin with

However if you want dial-by-extension turned on you will need to enable an AA and use this for night services, and in the night service section in CCA you will forward the phone that is on night-service-mode (Usually you have the reception phone the only one) to send the call to the AA, and in the AA if you want VM's to be left with the receptionist phone you will use the VM steering digit for transferring to VM I.E 6...

The reception phone has a Mini AA but I think one of the things it is missing is the ability to do things like what the AA can do I.E dial-by-extension and other advanced things.

The most easiest way to do it would be to control it via an AA, I know you don't want too or appear you don't want to, but it is the most feasible way

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

I would like to do the same, but without the option to dial the extension of the person they are looking for or leave a message. Just a message that the office is closed. Nothing else. Do I also need use AA?

No you do not need to use AA

You can send the call to an extensions VM and have an announcement, but please keep in mind that the caller would still be able to leave a Voice Mail message, you have to make the VM message quite generic or strictly announce that the office is closed, and also be prepared to monitor this mail box as well as you can be assured that someone will hold the line and leave a message, that is pretty much a given.

You can send this to either the primary extension VM or create a secondary one and assign it to a button of the phone, it is an ugly way of doing things but please keep in mind that the UC does not support announcements and then instant cut-off, it is a feature that is lacking of the system.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: