Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.x Call Handler Configuration

Matt McAuley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Hoping someone can quickly advise me how to setup the following:

User presses the message button and gets directed to the attempted sign in,  if you mailbox I would like it to play a recorded message "There is no mailbox assoicated to this extension.  You call will be transfered to IT who will assist you."  The call will then be transfered to an extension using the transfer rule.

I have setup a directory handler to pickup the call if there is no mailbox configured which is transfered to a system handler.  The issue is I can have the message play the "transfering your call please wait" attendant or a greeting which plays a mailbox greeting but does not transfer.

Can anyone advise.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

On the phones without a mailbox configured, do you intend to set a different voicemail profile with a unique voicemail pilot? I ask this because if you don't, the steps mentioned below will effectively replace your Opening Greeting call handler. If you choose a different voicemail pilot you could simply set this extension on the call handler, leaving your opening greeting intact.

You need to create a System Call Handler (not a directory handler). Set your greeting as desired and choose the After-Greeting action to transfer the call to an alternate contact number. Specify the extension you want and choose release to switch.

If you did not choose a different voicemail profile/pilot number: You will need to supercede (or replace) the Direct Call Routing Rule table entry of the Opening Greeting. The table is an ordered list so add your new call handler to the table AFTER the Attempt Signin and any other conditions you are trying to match.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

On the phones without a mailbox configured, do you intend to set a different voicemail profile with a unique voicemail pilot? I ask this because if you don't, the steps mentioned below will effectively replace your Opening Greeting call handler. If you choose a different voicemail pilot you could simply set this extension on the call handler, leaving your opening greeting intact.

You need to create a System Call Handler (not a directory handler). Set your greeting as desired and choose the After-Greeting action to transfer the call to an alternate contact number. Specify the extension you want and choose release to switch.

If you did not choose a different voicemail profile/pilot number: You will need to supercede (or replace) the Direct Call Routing Rule table entry of the Opening Greeting. The table is an ordered list so add your new call handler to the table AFTER the Attempt Signin and any other conditions you are trying to match.

You are a legend Jonathan, thanks for the quick responce.