cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Class of Control question -CUCM

techguy
Level 4
Level 4

A calling Search Space (CSS) is a top-down ordered list of route partitions. Can someone explain what is the benefit of making partition on top. Thanks

9 Replies 9

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

The first thing to understand is that routing on CUCM is done by best match - so if you dial 1234, and there are two route patterns available (e.g. 12xx and 123x) then it will match the 123x route pattern.

The partition order in a CSS is there as a tie breaker. So:

- It is not possible to add two identical patterns/DNs to the same partition. The two examples above (12xx and 123x) are different, so could go in a single partition. However - you could not add 123x twice to the same partition.

- If the same pattern/DN exists in two partitions, then the order within the CSS breaks the tie. the highest order partition is where the call is routed.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Is there any relationship between Phone line CCS and Route Pattern's route partition ?

You can dial things that are in a partition that is part of the calling device's CSS.

The calling device's CSS has two parts - the device CSS, and the line CSS. The two are added together, so you get the cumulative total of the two.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron Good information

Thank you very much

hi,

does it means that when i dial 1234 and if i want match the 12xx route patten(not 123x), i should config two different partitions and make the 12xx partition in the first order of the css list, is that right?

thanks in advance.

yu.

Hi

Yes, that's exactly it.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

It includes CSS / Partition , Time period ,Time schedule .

@oracat777 wrote:

does it means that when i dial 1234 and if i want match the 12xx route patten(not 123x), i should config two different partitions and make the 12xx partition in the first order of the css list, is that right?

You need to make sure that the partition with 123X is not included in the CSS.  Otherwise 1234 will always match 123X rather than 12XX, no matter what order the partitions are listed.

@TONY SMITH is right. If you have 12XX and 123X the 123X will always match first. Closest match wins first always, regardless of partition order. Partition order only comes into play if you have two matches that are equal (ex.: 12XX twice in two different partitions).

The way to get a call to match 12XX before 123X is to not have the 123X available. There is no getting around that.

Maren

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: