cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to add DN in Device Profile

chris.howard
Level 1
Level 1

We have a user profile setup with Barge configured, which has a number of Directory Numbers configured on the expansion model.  Normally these are setup as BLF SD's on phone configured without Barge, but I need to change one of the DN's configured on the Barge profile (screenshot CCM.jpg).

I can easily see how to remove one of the DN's:

Modify Button Items -> select relevant Associated Item (screenshot CCM2.jpg) -> move to Dissociate These Items and Save.

But if I click one of the Line [X] - Add a new DN, it takes me to a screen to create a new DN rather than use an existing DN!

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Chris,

I do think that this is actually what you want to see. Can you try

click on Line [X] - Add a new DN and when it takes you to the screen to create a new DN

add the shared/existing DN and > save. Then go back to the UDP and check.

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Chris,

I can't test this right now for you, but usually anywhere in CUCM

where you see Add a new DN you can add "any" DN not just a new/unused DN. This would mean

a Shared line existing DN like you need in this instance.

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

This is what I thought - it 'should' be simple, but if I click on Line [X] - Add a new DN it takes me to the screen to create a new DN, rather than just adding one to the profile.

If I select Modify Buttons, it takes me to the screenshot I attached in my initial post, but I cannot see how I link a specific DN to the profile.

Thanks,

Chris

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Chris,

I do think that this is actually what you want to see. Can you try

click on Line [X] - Add a new DN and when it takes you to the screen to create a new DN

add the shared/existing DN and > save. Then go back to the UDP and check.

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

You got it!  Having not configured a line like this before, I was entering the DN number I wanted to add but the rest of the fields don't populate under I enter the DN number, selected the Route Partition, then moved to the next field.

What threw me was I tested adding my DN number and clicking Save without populating the Route Partition field, and CUCM added a second entry for my DN number.

Anyway, problem solved, and thanks very much for your help.

Chris

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Chris,

Nice work my friend

I'm sorry for the rather lame explanation, but at least you got it figured out.

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: