cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV110W port forwarding issue and firmware 1.1.0.9

chrisguertin
Level 1
Level 1

I saw a reference to release notes for firmware 1.1.0.9 (I think that was the number) for the RV110W but if I browse the firmware download page I only see 1.0.1.6 available for download.  Is this available somewhere or am I confused and saw a reference to something else? 

I have an installed RV110W at a client site that has to be rebooted about once a week since it stops allowing inbound access to mapped ports.  For example, it stops forwarding connections on Port 25 to the client's e-mail server.  I thought for a while there was a software issue with the e-mail server but after days of eliminating all other likely issues I rebooted the router and everything was fine.  Now the problem recurrs about once a week and rebooting the router always fixes it (this is week 3).  Forwarding to ports 80, 443, and several others also stop working.

I had hoped this was resolved in a firmware fix but maybe someone else has seen this issue?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The 1.1.0.9 firmware image is now available for download here :

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=283879340&catid=268437899&softwareid=282487380&release=1.1.0.9&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

This firmware version will not work with older language pack versions.  When you upgrade to the 1.1.0.9 version of firmware it is recommended that you select the "Reset to factory default" checkbox.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

Chris,

Many times the release notes are release sooner than the actual firmware. Depending how long it’s been since the release notes was released sometimes before a release if a problem occurred they could hold or push back the actual software release date further than expected. From what you said seems as if firmware is in its final stages.

Hope this gives some insight.

Jasbryan

The 1.1.0.9 firmware image is now available for download here :

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=283879340&catid=268437899&softwareid=282487380&release=1.1.0.9&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

This firmware version will not work with older language pack versions.  When you upgrade to the 1.1.0.9 version of firmware it is recommended that you select the "Reset to factory default" checkbox.

tomfitz1234
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have the same problem, see

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3487263#3487263

The latest firmware 1.1.0.9 didn't fix the problem. Today I opened a support ticket, I hope Cisco can solve this issue.

Best regards, Tom

There is a beta firmware image available from the Cisco Small Business Support Center which you can try with your RV110W to see if it fixes the issue you are having.

I can't find this beta firmware. Thanks per advance.

To obtain this beta firmware version you must first contact our Cisco Small Business Support Center. 

To find the correct SBSC support center please check for the correct location from the list located here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Any one of the global SBSC locations will be able to provide you with the information you need to obtain the RV110W Beta firmware image.

I contacted the support center few minutes after my post here.

Thomas Watts: Your case number is 620623437

I'm waiting now news from him. For information, I reported issues about port forwarding and Vlan geteway.

stephaneduguay
Level 1
Level 1

Tried Beta firmware and even though issue seems to be happening less frequently it is still happening and nothing in the logs to explain what happened.  Getting very frustrated with this router.  This is a function that I absolutely need to work 100% of the time.  Getting to the point where I am seriously thinking of replacing this router with something else.  The firmware I am currently using is 1.2.0.3

Greetings Stephane,

Do you have an open Service Request with the Small Business Support Center? If so, please post it hear and we will escalate your case to level 2 and provide the latest beta code.

Hi, I originally had service request #620377971 which was closed. Thanks!

De : adelano

Envoyé : 9 février 2012 14:28

À : "Netlantique" Stéphane Duguay

Objet : - Re: RV110W port forwarding issue and firmware 1.1.0.9

Home<>

Re: RV110W port forwarding issue and firmware 1.1.0.9

created by Alex Delano<> in Small Business Routers - View the full discussion<>

Hi Stephane,

I have notified the Engineer who handled SR 620377971 and asked him to send you a copy of the latest beta software for the RV110W. He will publish a copy of the software for you as soon as possible.

Hi!

I got firmware 1.2.0.3 some weeks ago. Before, the portforwardings stopped working every few hours.

This problem isn't still solved in this beta version. It just occurs less frequently (about every 2 days) but it is NOT gone!

My case number was SR 620042559.

Is there a newer version?

Best regards,

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Yes there is a newer firmware. I will notify the Engineer who handled your case to send you the updated beta.

Hi,

On friday I got firmware version 1.2.0.6 and installed it immediatley. The problem still occurs.

But the problem occurs in my case always under the same cirumstances. During the weekend and during the night, when there is hardly any traffic on the internal network and there are no wireless clients connected, everything is fine. The problem always occurs in the morning when the employees arrive.

We have a mailserver on the internal network. Their smartphones (Android, iPhone, Nokia) connect via activesync to the mailserver using the external DNS name. When they arrive, their smartphones connect to the WLAN and the the problem occurs. Maybe it has to do something with that, that the phones go from the internal network to the internet, and then they are forwarded back to the internal network?

Best regards, Thomas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: