more_jazZz_2 Wed, 11/23/2011 - 09:38
User Badges:

Hi,

Do you know tool like "Power calculator" http://tools.cisco.com/cpc/ it usefull for configuring specs. You can choose your platform and depending on amount of power consuption it give you different variants.

Best regards,

Zak.

Patrick McHenry Wed, 11/23/2011 - 09:47
User Badges:

We occasional lose a switch and it's usually because of the power supply. As far as access layer switches are concerned, I was wondering if there is a different model for say PoE compared to a switch that is not PoE. Or 48 port vs. 24 port. Or, 370 vs. 3560.

Thanks, Pat.

Reza Sharifi Wed, 11/23/2011 - 15:03
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN

For smaller 1RU fixed switches, there isn't much of choice of power supplies, you can add more power for POE vs non-POE switches, but that is all you can do. It is not like the modular switches with many choices of PSUs.

If you lose PSU occasionaly in spesific location, I would have an electrician check the power sources and test for power fluctuation for a period of time.

HTH

Patrick McHenry Fri, 11/25/2011 - 07:18
User Badges:

Reza,

so,the same PS that works in a PoE, switch WS-C3560-24PS-S will  work for a WS-C3560-48TS-S? And will if also work in a WS-C3750-48TS-S?

I would like to order just one back-up power supply if possible to cover all models in the event one goes bad

Thanks, Pat.

Actions

This Discussion