Views
Helpful
Replies

Power Supplies

Patrick McHenry
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Does anyone have any doc links specifically for power supplies and what power supplies are compatable with which switch models?

Thanks, Pat.

5 Replies 5

more_jazZz_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Do you know tool like "Power calculator" http://tools.cisco.com/cpc/ it usefull for configuring specs. You can choose your platform and depending on amount of power consuption it give you different variants.

Best regards,

Zak.

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Pat,

Not sure what series you are looking for, but as Zak noted power calculator is a very good source.

If you are looking for 6500 series here is a good doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/hardware/Chassis_Installation/Cat6500/0apwsply.html

HTH

We occasional lose a switch and it's usually because of the power supply. As far as access layer switches are concerned, I was wondering if there is a different model for say PoE compared to a switch that is not PoE. Or 48 port vs. 24 port. Or, 370 vs. 3560.

Thanks, Pat.

For smaller 1RU fixed switches, there isn't much of choice of power supplies, you can add more power for POE vs non-POE switches, but that is all you can do. It is not like the modular switches with many choices of PSUs.

If you lose PSU occasionaly in spesific location, I would have an electrician check the power sources and test for power fluctuation for a period of time.

HTH

Reza,

so,the same PS that works in a PoE, switch WS-C3560-24PS-S will  work for a WS-C3560-48TS-S? And will if also work in a WS-C3750-48TS-S?

I would like to order just one back-up power supply if possible to cover all models in the event one goes bad

Thanks, Pat.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card