Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with EAP-SIM Authentication

ittichai_a
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I have doing EAP-Sim authentication with WLC 5508, client mobile is samsung galaxy 2, Radius proxy (Car).

So, i get message from WLC (Debug) which show the message like mobile do not going authentication state. That will make the mobile do not authentication, so, i have attach file or log also. Then, if anyone know or any idea, please help me

Thanks alot

Please see my log in attach file

4 Replies 4

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your mobile phone is not responding to the EAP identity requests sent by the WLC so it looks like a misconfig on the phone.

Moreover, it seems that you configure your eap identity request timeout to be something like 2 minutes ? That's best reduced to something like 10 seconds or so.

Hi Nicolas

Thanks with your support, so, i may say that it is the first time to do EAP-SIM authentication but i may not sure that i have correct to do configuration also on mobile and wlc. Then, do you have any idea or recommend to share to me ?

Because right now, I do not know what is the problem and how to solve it at all.

Thanks

The WLC acts as a authenticator and it doesn't care which EAP type you use. The WLC is a "pass through"

What radius server are you using ? Have you tested this with a client different from your tablet ?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Hi

Well, what about client or mobile device ? which Eap-authentication to using? or it doesn't care also eap type also, correct?

We using Car Radius proxy.

Well, i will going to try with nokia.

Note: I may need some resarch or any document how to implement it such as WLC and mobile device

anyone have or can share, please help T_T

Best Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: