Views
Helpful
Replies

asa 5505

flokki123
Level 3
Level 3

hi,

can someone please tell me what the user specification with the asa5505 means.

there is a 50 user and an unlimited license with the asa5505. with 50 user does this mean that only 50 user can work simultaneously over the asa, or what?

thanks,

florian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Flokki123,

the 50 user license means only 50 users concorruntly make connection through the ASA, whihc means you can have 100 users on the internal network but only 50 users can go to internet at a time. Here is a license doc for yur help:

www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/security/asa/asa82/license/license82.html#wp190062

Here's is the part number for Rack mount as well:

ASA5505-RACK-MNT=

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Varun

Thanks,
Varun Rao

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

flokki123
Level 3
Level 3

oh and by the way is there a rack mount kit for the asa5505?

Hi Flokki123,

the 50 user license means only 50 users concorruntly make connection through the ASA, whihc means you can have 100 users on the internal network but only 50 users can go to internet at a time. Here is a license doc for yur help:

www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/security/asa/asa82/license/license82.html#wp190062

Here's is the part number for Rack mount as well:

ASA5505-RACK-MNT=

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Varun

Thanks,
Varun Rao

hi varun,

thanks very much for your info, that is really helpful.

is the asa5505 the only asa with user limitation, as i couldnt find these user licenses for other asa types.

your link actually didnt work, i guess you have a partner account.

regards,

florian

Hi,

no all ASA models have different licences with different restrictions.

Try the link from Varun

www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/security/asa/asa82/license/license82.html#wp190062  but without the partner directory.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa82/license/license82.html#wp190062

Regards.

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

hi alain,

thanks for you reply.

can you guys tell me if i need a smartnet or some kind of contract with cisco to make the AIP work or to get updates for it?

thanks,

florian

Hi,

What is the software version that you are running?

For 6.x onwards you need the safenet license on the module to recieve updates on the AIP. You can contact Cisco licensing team on licensing@cisco.com if you have a contract with us.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Varun

Thanks,
Varun Rao

hi varun,

where can i order the safenet license? and what is it good for? i thought i just tell the aip how to behave on special traffic behaviours and thats it.

thanks,

florian

would this license be included in a smartnet contract?

hi,

i think i found it myself.

should be

CON-SU1-AS5A5UK9

can you tell me if the hardware warranty is extended through this contract as well?

thanks,

florian

hi guys,

found out myself that the hardware warranty is extended through this service as well.

thanks a lot for your help anyway. really appreciate it.

reagrds,

florian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: