Outdoor wireless Interference

Unanswered Question
Nov 30th, 2011

Hi Team,

we are using point to multipoint outdoor wireless bridge, i want to know how to check outdoor wireless (RF) interference and have you any tool for outdoor bridge site survey?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Average Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Leo Laohoo Tue, 12/06/2011 - 13:47
These tool is not for outdoor interference survey.

Are you sure about that?

I use both to do low-level wireless intereference both indoors and outdoors.  Next, you want free software or paid software?

If you want paid software, then use Airmagnet WiFi Analyzer or Ekahau.

kumar.networld@... Mon, 12/12/2011 - 00:19

Hi Leolaohoo,

Thanks for reply, i have airmagnet wifi analyzer but i am using for indoor wireless survey, are you sure these tool is for outdoor wireless survey? if these tool is for outdoor survey so please provied information or any guide how to use?

for my topology ex - point to point conncection, tower height 70ft. how to use airmagnet wifi analyzer for these topology?

Leo Laohoo Mon, 12/12/2011 - 14:12
i have airmagnet wifi analyzer but i am using for indoor wireless survey, are you sure these tool is for outdoor wireless survey?

Airmaget WiFi is NOT limited to indoors only.

dschlicht Mon, 12/12/2011 - 23:14

Take a look at Cisco Spectrum Expert. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps9391/ps9393/product_data_sheet0900aecd807033c3.html

If it were me, I'd contract out a company who has the experience doing this kind of survey. They'll be able to have the equipment to do the testing and reporting you require.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hope this helps

_dschlicht

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted November 30, 2011 at 4:34 AM
Stats:
Replies:7 Avg. Rating:
Views:6647 Votes:0
Shares:0