Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Cannot View/Edit phones in CUE 8.6.1

Answered Question
Dec 3rd, 2011
User Badges:

I have installed several systems with CUE 7.1 and was able to view and edit the phones and extensions via the CUE Web GUI. I am building a new system which is running CUE 8.6.1. When I login to the Web GUI, I do not see the phones or extensions at all. I have looked everywhere. Is there something else that needs to be installed or was that functionality removed?

Correct Answer by Rob Huffman about 5 years 8 months ago

Hi James,

Sadly this changed with the release of CUE 8.x;

Removal of Support for Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express GUI Functionality

#

Beginning with Cisco Unity Express 8.0, the Cisco Unity Express GUI no longer provides functionality for configuring Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express. Cisco recommends using Cisco Configuration Professional (CCP) to configure Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel8_0/rel_notes/rel_notes.html#wp339722

Cheers!

Rob

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Rob Huffman Sat, 12/03/2011 - 07:54
User Badges:
  • Super Red, 40000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony, Unified Communications

Hi James,

Sadly this changed with the release of CUE 8.x;

Removal of Support for Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express GUI Functionality

#

Beginning with Cisco Unity Express 8.0, the Cisco Unity Express GUI no longer provides functionality for configuring Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express. Cisco recommends using Cisco Configuration Professional (CCP) to configure Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel8_0/rel_notes/rel_notes.html#wp339722

Cheers!

Rob

jameskuder Sat, 12/03/2011 - 10:43
User Badges:

That is lame. How do you tie mailboxes/users to the extensions/phones then?

jameskuder Sat, 12/03/2011 - 10:46
User Badges:

Which one do you recommend that I download for CME 8.0?

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content