cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST - International Calls

cplatt01
Level 1
Level 1

I was testing SRST and was trying to configure an outbound dial-peer.  The problem I am having is the total number of digits to pass to the PSTN.  It varies by country.  has anyone had any luck with this?

I tried the solution in this thread -

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/301577

Unfortunately no luck.

Thanks,

CHRIS

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Chris

When you say no luck... do you mean the call proceeds and fails? Or doesn't go at all?

Do you see it hit the PSTN (debug isdn q931 if you are using ISDN)?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

It hit the PSTN, but Verizon tells me "due to changes, you must enter in your Area Code"  When I look at the trace, it passes all the digits.

Hi

So if you are sending out the digits correctly, and Verizon are rejecting them - you need to speak to them. Find out what they expect you to do. Otherwise it's guesswork....

'Your area code' suggests they may want more digits in your calling number (as opposed to 'the area code you wish to dial').

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: