Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

ISP and two routers -> switch. Safe?

Answered Question
Dec 12th, 2011
User Badges:

Hi!

I have a network configuration which has two routers and an ISP modem connected to a Gigabit switch. Both routers get two (static) public IPs and work fine. Everything works just nice - so far.

So my question is: am I going to face any problems (like some kind of interference) with this configuration and is it safe (since the users of the other router cannot, or more like MUST not, have access to the network of the other router)?

If this configuration isn't right, please give me some advice to make it better. The importance is just having two different public IPs and separate routers (networks), meaning they shouldn't be directly connected to each other.

Thank you!

Attachment: 
Correct Answer by Marwan ALshawi about 5 years 8 months ago

Since they are in separate vlans in outside switch and routers not connected then no issue with it

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Correct Answer by cadet alain about 5 years 8 months ago

Hi,

As long as you have no routes on the routers to other router subnet then computers won't be able to see each others.

Regards.

Alain

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
cadet alain Mon, 12/12/2011 - 12:14
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

Hi,

As long as you have no routes on the routers to other router subnet then computers won't be able to see each others.

Regards.

Alain

Correct Answer
Marwan ALshawi Mon, 12/12/2011 - 12:15
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more
  • Community Spotlight Award,

Best Publication, December 2015

Since they are in separate vlans in outside switch and routers not connected then no issue with it

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Actions

This Discussion