cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 4.2.1.15.4 logging to syslog server - time off 5 hours

mmletzko
Level 1
Level 1

I am sending TACACS administration logging to a syslog server.  When the messages show up on the syslog server, they are 5 hours ahead of the actual time.  Time on the ACS is correct - local logging shows the correct time.  Time on the syslog server is correct...all other devices/systems sending syslog messages to it are coming through with the correct time. 

Any ideas as to why the ACS syslog messages would be 5 hours ahead?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you in the eastern timezone (or are the ACS located there), I am thinking the logs are being sent in UTC format, are you using an acs appliance or is this acs for windows?

Thanks for the reply Tarik.

We are in the EST time zone.  The time on the ACS is set correctly - all of the logs on the ACS itself are fine.  It is a 1113 appliance.

It does seem they are being sent in UTC.  Everything else on that syslog server is fine for time - it's just the ACS syslogging.

I opened a case - solved very quickly.  There is a "Date Format Control" option in the System Configuration specifically for syslog.  Now of course I feel silly that I didn't even notice it.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: