cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lwapps join process

larnelhight
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem where I have 2 controllers.  Primary controller is completely full, but the Lwapps will try to join it first and for some reason kicks previously joined waps off so that it can join.  The previously joined WAPs will then join the secondary controller.  Is this normal operation?  Is there a way I can make the WAPs join the secondary controller automatically?

Any help would be greatful.

Thanks

Larnel

6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First make sure master controller mode is not turned on in either wlc and you have mobility configured between the two wlc. Then you will need to enable ap fallback on rack wlc and then in each ap, you will define what is the primary and secondary wlc for that AP.

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Ok, all of that is already set, but should AP Faillback be enabled on both WLC's??

Yes it should... This allows an ap on a secondary wlc fallback to the assigned primary wlc.

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If your primary WLC is already full, I'd reconsider enabling AP Fallback.  There's no reason. 

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Guess I was assuming that the AP's would be equally placed on each wlc. That would be the best way.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

Ive had issues when my controllers are almost full and AP fall back in enable. Once a ap drops for whatever reason other APs are quick to hop on ... Then I would see them bounce back and forth from time to time.

just my 2 cents ..

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin