Unity Connections 8.6.2a Single Inbox Problem

Answered Question
Dec 13th, 2011

We have a Unity Connections Server version 8.6.2a talking to Exchange 2010 SP1.  We have verified Authenications, HTTPS, Certs etc.  If we run a test from the Edit Unified Messaging Screen, we get the following:

Severity                               Issue                               Recommendation                               Details

The validation results for unified messaging service Exchange are the following:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Service "Exchange": AuthenticationMode=[Basic] [use  HTTPS/validate] Server=[server.internaldomain.com] Type=[Exchange  2007/2010] Username=[domain\UnityUser]

The server domain name can be resolved.

Server server.domain.com can be contacted by pinging.

The service port for calendaring is functioning.

The certificate verification results from SSL is X509_V_OK.

This test does not test all aspects of the configuration of  the service. To complete testing, add a unified messaging account for a  user and test the account using the Test button on the Edit Unified  Messaging Account page.            

However under the user we get:

The validation results for the user unified messaging service  account user@domain.com with service Exchange are the  following:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Service "Exchange": AuthenticationMode=Basic [use  HTTPS/validate] Server=[server.internaldomain.com] Type=[Exchange  2007/2010] Username=[domain\UnityUser]

Failed accessing user@domain.com on server.internaldomain.com                                    .                                                                                                                                                                                                           Diagnostic=[] Verb=[] url=[] request=[] response=[]

The system failed to perform a typical calendar operation.                                    Refer to other warnings and errors generated by the tool, and check the Tomcat log file for details.                                                                                                                                                                                                           The system failed while trying to make an API call.          

I'm completely at a loss.          

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by putney_m@hotmail.com about 2 years 4 months ago

Jason,

My bet is that when you are able to view the Tomcat logs from Unity Connection you will find that you are getting an error 401 response from Exchange.

We ran into the exact same issue with our Unity Connection 8.6.2a system connecting with our Exchange 2010 SP1 server. After working with TAC and Microsoft we were able to get this working by recreating the EWS virtual directory in IIS on the the Exchange 2010 CAS server.

I hope that helps.

Thanks,

Michael Putney

Average Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
jasonmyersccs Tue, 12/13/2011 - 13:22

I've never seen the diagnostic= verb= url- request= reponse= be empty before.

jasonmyerscbts Tue, 12/13/2011 - 14:34

I would do that except for the fact that the RTMT with 8.6.2 gives me a java error everytime I try to use it.  Is there a way to get a different version?

Brad Magnani Tue, 12/13/2011 - 14:36

You can download RTMT from the Plugins menu item within Connection Administration and install that version.

jasonmyerscbts Tue, 12/13/2011 - 14:48

I get the following when I attempt to run that after install:

C:\Program Files\Cisco\Unified Serviceability\JRtmt>".\jre\bin\java" -Dsun.java2

d.d3d=false -Xbootclasspath/a:.;.\lib\xerces.jar;.\lib\log4j.jar;.\lib\jcchart45

0J.jar;.\lib\collections.jar;.\lib\JbcBeans.jar;.\lib\activation.jar;.\lib\axis.

jar;.\lib\axis-ant.jar;.\lib\commons-discovery.jar;.\lib\commons-io-1.3.2.jar;.\

lib\commons-logging.jar;.\lib\commons-lang-2.1.jar;.\lib\commons-net.jar;.\lib\i

fxjdbc.jar;.\lib\mail.jar;.\lib\maverick-debug-all.jar;.\lib\jaxrpc.jar;.\lib\sa

aj.jar;.\tzupdater.jar;.\lib\jide-common.jar;.\lib\jide-dialogs.jar;.\lib\jide-g

rids.jar;.\lib\wsdl4j.jar;.\lib\javacsv.jar;.\lib\jtds.jar;.\lib\commons-beanuti

ls.jar;.\lib\commons-collections.jar;.\lib\commons-digester.jar;.\lib\commons-el

.jar;.\lib\commons-jexl.jar;.\lib\commons-scxml.jar;.\lib\derby.jar;.\lib\xalan.

jar;.\lib\openssoclientsdk.jar -jar JRtmt.jar

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.cisco.ccm.serviceability.rtmt.ui.SystemUtil.getLog4jConf(Unknown

Source)

at com.cisco.ccm.serviceability.rtmt.ui.JRtmtMain.initTrace(Unknown Sour

ce)

at com.cisco.ccm.serviceability.rtmt.ui.JRtmtMain.main(Unknown Source)

C:\Program Files\Cisco\Unified Serviceability\JRtmt>

Brad Magnani Tue, 12/13/2011 - 17:24

Yeah... looks like some sort of Java conflict with your machine.  I'd suggest trying on another machine.  The other option is to push the diags off to an SFTP server from UC's CLI. 

file list activelog cuc/diag_*

file get activelog cuc/filesyouwanttocollecthere

Brad

Correct Answer
putney_m@hotmail.com Wed, 12/14/2011 - 12:59

Jason,

My bet is that when you are able to view the Tomcat logs from Unity Connection you will find that you are getting an error 401 response from Exchange.

We ran into the exact same issue with our Unity Connection 8.6.2a system connecting with our Exchange 2010 SP1 server. After working with TAC and Microsoft we were able to get this working by recreating the EWS virtual directory in IIS on the the Exchange 2010 CAS server.

I hope that helps.

Thanks,

Michael Putney

jasonmyersccs Wed, 12/14/2011 - 13:12

You sir are 100% correct.  After grabbing the logs, we had this exact issue!

Thank you so much!

Jason    

talmand@vz-eng.com Fri, 03/23/2012 - 05:48

I am having same issue, however I am not able to find anything in log that references teh diagnostics=401, maybe I have wrong files, I enable all tomcats and mailbox sync?

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted December 13, 2011 at 1:22 PM
Stats:
Replies:9 Avg. Rating:5
Views:3388 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: No tags.

Discussions Leaderboard