Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows Server 2008 issue on UCS C200

Bryan Wulfric
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a UCS C200 with 2 NIC. I was installing Windows Server 2008 R2 on it. The windows is successfully installed, i can login to windows. But after a couple seconds, the server shutdown itself. It was unpredicted shutdown and it was always happened after a couple seconds i login to windows.

I wonder why this is happening. Does anybody ever experience the same problem? Or maybe somebody have any idea?

Thanks.

10 Replies 10

chrisb2
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Brian,

Does the CIMC go down when the OS reboots or do you still have access to it?

Are there any messages in the SEL logs in the CIMC?

Hi Christopher,

I'm not using CIMC, so i'm not sure if it goes down or not.

Hi Christopher,

After i checked again, i still can access to CIMC web GUI when the server goes down. If i checked the SEL, there is nothing critcal event, only temperature of Power Supply is higher than normal.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks.

Brian -

Also, is there anything in the system event log within the Windows OS that might give an indication as to why the server is shutting down.  Perhaps, some kind of licensing/activation issue?

Jen

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for your reply. I'll check the event log.

Hi Jennifer,

I'm not able to see the event log because the server shutdown before i have a chance to capture it. Do you have any idea?

Thanks.

Hey Brian -

I am not sure if there is a way to alter the system event log so that it is preserved across a reboot.  Is the log file completely empty?  When the server goes down, do you lose access to the C-series CIMC interface as well, or is it just the OS?  How often is this happening?

Jen

Hi Adam,

I'll check the event log again. When the server goes down, i can still ping to CIMC interface. Everytime i login to windows, a couple seconds later, it shutdown. I don't have a chance to activate Windows yet.

Any idea?

Thanks.

Hi Jennifer,

I did manage to activate the Windows Server 2008. So i think there is no activation issue.

Bryan Wulfric
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I got the system event log from the server. Maybe there is someone who can help me?

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: