cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QOS Monitoring Tool(With Respect to VOICE TRAFFIC).

Amit Thakkar
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

I am facing problem relating to monitor the qos (VOICE TRAFFIC) at my all WAN SIDE brache Routers.

Let me Explan littel bit about my issue See i have implemented  the Auto Qos at my all branch WAN SIDE Routers (2811 Series) And alsothe LAN SIDE Switches (2960 Series). All configuration is identical at all my WAN SIDE branch routers And LAN SIDE switches, sence we are using Auto qos so there is not much complecated configuration.

ok,,  now all my WAN SIDE brache Routers has configured such a way where we are able to monitor each and every branch router,  with the help of  NET FLOW ANALYZER PROSSIONAL 7 TOOL. But with this Tool i am not able to get exact monitoring reports, Bsically i am looking for tool who will give me the exact information about VOICE TRAFFIC (EF,CS5,DEFAULT bits Marking) while IN/OUT side of the WAN side routers,

All my WAN Side Routers are configured such a way where we are suppose to get exact information about QOS Voice Traffic with (Tag EF,CS5 OR DEFAULT).

Can Any One help out for the same Or help me to get Monitoring tool as per my requirement so with the help of that tool it can get resolve.

Thanx All in Advance

For your valuable Responce.

1 Accepted Solution
3 Replies 3

cflory
Level 1
Level 1

Amit,

To be able to see markings from QoS, you'll need to be able to export version 9 flows to a Netflow collector.  Or set up a packet capture appliance/device, and sniff the wire.  Version 5 flows appear to not show TOS.

Install Wireshark on a machine and SPAN a port, or run VACLs to see the traffic.  Or you could purchase a tool, such as Network Instruments that can monitor Netflows and do packet captures automatically, based on thresholds and alerts...but, that depends on your budget, since it's quite expensive.

My two cents,

-Chris

Hi cflory,

Thanks for your Interest,

Can you please Suggest me a some of best two or three Tools which can give us require features ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card