Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS - Lobby Ambassador

David Santos
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

My WCS is configured with the help of a location several campus and buildings in it. When i´m trying to create an ambassador account i want to give him permissions for creating guest users accounts on just a campus with several buildings.

My main problem is that when i´m trying to create this account i have to limit this to a single building but i want to select all buildings.

Is there a way for me to select all buldings in a campus?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Looks like the mapping within the hierarchy was missed. I would suggest opening a TAC service request so if required a bug can be filed to address this.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When you login to the WCS do you see all the buildings?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Yes,

but that is a drop list, force me to select just one per campus and i want to select all buildings in a campus.

Ok so how is the guest WLAN setup?  Does it exist on all the WLC?  When you choose the buildings for the lobby admin, you can only select the controllers that have the guest WLAN.

You may want to do a refresh config from all of the WLC, and then check again which building(s) you can select.

HTH,

Steve

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to rate helpful posts or to mark the question as answered so that it can be found later.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stephen Rodriguez,

please se above my idea posted

ramkris2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi David,

Regardless of what you select the accounts are applied in the back-end based on the Controller's those AP's are associated to. For example: If AP's in building 1 & building 2 are all joined to the same WLC, even if you select just 'building 1' the account will be pushed to that WLC & the guests would be able to associate to any AP that belongs to that WLC.

So I would suggest, applying the accounts based on 'Controller list' & selecting the WLC's to which the accounts should be applied to.

Ram

ramkris2,
i want to enable guest accounts based on buildings and not on controllers. I want to limit the guest account users based on campus and not on controllers.
I have two WISMs (4 controllers)  and the campus are distributed on the several controllers so my idea is to have the guest accounts limited to the specified campus.
so why do i want this?
I want to creater several lobby ambassador accounts to distribute to the IT Departments so that they can only create guest accounts that affect their campus and not to user that same accounts onthe others.

I was going to say you could use Virtual Domains to accomplish this, but thinking about it, it won't quite work the way you want.

So with the Virtual Domains, you would assign WLC and Maps to the Domain, and then the admin would only see the WLC and Maps they are assigned.

However, if I'm reading you correctly, they use shared hardware currently.  So they would all have access to the same WLC to create the users on.

You could play this game, if the other IT Departments/Campuses were to purchase there own WLC for the guest access, and each use a different SSID.  Then you could create the VD, so the lobby admin could only see the WLC for their guest SSID, and shazam!

HTH,

Steve

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to rate helpful posts or to mark the question as answered so that it can be found later.

HTH,
Steve

Stephen Rodriguez,

i think i´m just complicating this to much. My cenario is this:

a) 8 Campus and each one with several buildings.

b) I want a lobby account for each campus.

c) i´ve got two 6500 and a WISM on each.

d) WCS in the configuration lobby account, in the lobby ambassador defaults tab forces me to select ONLY a single building in the campus and i want to select all

Can this be done? How can i select all buildings in the campus for the lobby accounts ?

David,

The option for "All buidlings" is not present though it should be, like it has for "All floors" within a building. I verified this with the latest WCS(7.0.220.0) available.

Ram

Is this a cosmetic issue in WCS?

Looks like the mapping within the hierarchy was missed. I would suggest opening a TAC service request so if required a bug can be filed to address this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: