Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9971 Code display when use FAC

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Guys,

I saw  in this discussion bellow that another colleague had the same problem in the last year, when the user put the password to FAC the password appear in display. My quesiton is: Still not had solution about this problem?

(FAC doesn´t work with this telephone model?)

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3151942#3151942

Thanks,

Wilson

18 Replies 18

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Wilson,

This new Firmware should have resolved this issue;

Cisco Unified IP Phone 8961, 9951, and 9971 (SIP) Release Notes for Firmware Release 9.2(1)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/9971_9951_8961/firmware/9_2_1/release_notes/9900_8900_921.html#wp219168

Forced Authentication Code and Client Matter Code Support

#

The Forced Authentication Code (FAC) and Client Matter Code (CMC) Support feature extends the FAC and CMC features to more Cisco Unified IP Phones.

#

FAC controls the types of calls that certain users can place. When placing a call, a user receives a prompt to enter a valid authorization code before the call is made.

#

CMC enables a user to specify that a call relates to a specific client matter. When placing a call, a user can enter a code to indicate the type of call being placed (for example, to a specific customer).

#

These enhancements are supported on these Cisco Unified IP Phones (SIP):

#

Cisco Unified IP Phone 8961

#

Cisco Unified IP Phone 9951

#

Cisco Unified IP Phone 9971

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

This problem that occur is a bug? I saw the cisco site that there is version cmterm-9971.9-2-2SR1-9.cop.sgn that is more new version. I can use this version?

Thanks,

Wilson

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Wilson,

Yes, you could try the newest firmware 9-2-2sr1

Here is the related bug;

CSCta93018            Bug Details

FAC is showing in clear text

Symptom:

While making a call outside through PSTN or Trunk and FAC is compulsary for that Route pattern and User provided the correct FAC. It is showing in clear text.

Conditions:

Workaround:

Further Problem Description:
StatusStatus
Open            

Severity Severity
6 - enhancement

Last Modified Last Modified
In Last Year        

Product Product
Cisco Unified IP Phones 9900 Series         

Technology Technology

1st Found-In 1st Found-in
9.0(0)

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

I putted the version 9.2.2, but, didn´t worked. You have another idea about this?

Thanks.

Wilson

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Wilson,

Thanks for posting back with your test results +5 I guess this is why

the bug/enhancement does not show a "fixed-in" version.

Cheers!

Rob

Hi,

Is this problem resolved? I am also facing the same issue.

Sev. > 2 & no major account screaming == bug never fixed.

Hi,

We have a customer in UAE with approx 3700 IP phones with 7911, 7945,7965,7975 etc. Now they want to replace all of that with 9971...It's creating a chaos...What is the solution.

Rgds,

Partha

We have a customer in UAE with approx 3700 IP phones with 7911, 7945,7965,7975 etc. Now they want to replace all of that with 9971...It's creating a chaos...What is the solution.

You should ask that to Cisco. This is just a discusson forum.

Hi Acharyr123,

What the problem with 9971 we re having?

Thanks,

Wilson

Bevilacqua,

The problem is solved in CUCM version 8.6

Thanks,

Wilson

Hi,

I am using 8.5…What is the solution with 8.5?

Rgds,

Partha

Hi Partha,

My Customer have version 7.1.3 and when tryed configure the FAC in 9971 it presented this problem. I opened a case in Cisco TAC and was informed that the problem is solved only CUCM 8.6.

Follow below:

About the version 9.2.1, I commented that it is the version that started the CMC/FAC support for 9951, 9971 and 8561. But unfortunately the BUG CSCta93018 was found. However there isn’t a published release with the fix yet.  Once this BUG is solved, a firmware with the fix will be published and will be able to be used with any CCM version.

However I have found an intermediate solution which has been used for other clients and worked properly (but not officially tested by Cisco). This intermediate solution requires the following actions and combination between Firmware and CCM versions:

A.  Upgrade 9951 firmware to the latest version, 9.2(1).

Release notes with firmware upgrade instructions found here:

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074288/50113/cmterm-9951.9-2-1-readme.html

B.  Upgrade Call Manager to version 8.6.X, as 8.6.1.20000-1:

Release notes with upgrade instructions found here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmbe/rel_notes/8_6_1/cucmbe6k-rel_notes-861.html#wp1944944

So there are two options:

1-      Wait BUG be resolved and upgrade phones to the firmware with the fix, maintaining your current CCM version.

2-      Upgrade your CCM and Phones to the versions 8.6.X and 9.2.1 respectively.

If these steps are taken in that order you should see the problem be rectified.

In my opionion, I Believe that the Cisco not will solve this bug in version previous 8.6

Thanks,

Wilson

Hi Acharyr123,

This problem was solved in the last version CUCM 8.6. I did test in my laboratory and worked.

Thanks,

Wilson

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: