cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

one way voice with phones on different clusters

evangaever
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running CUCM 7.1.5.  I have two phones that are on different clusters. When I make a call form one phone to the other I have one way voice. I wiresharked the traffic and see the UDP packets received on both of the phones. On the one that has no sound, I see that in the call statistics Rcvr Packets = 0. Although I do see the UDP packets arriving on the PC that I have connected to the PC port off this phone. So it is clearly not a routing issue. What can be causing this?

2 Replies 2

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

is this an issue just with one phone ?

Why dont you try using the latest firmware if the phone in issue does not have it already ?

GP.

Hi

From this link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk698/technologies_tech_note09186a008009484b.shtml

Verify Correct Media Termination Point Configuration

If transcoding is configured for an intercluster trunk (ICT), ensure that a Media Termination Point (MTP) is configured in the Media Resource Group and Media Resource Group List associated with the trunk. If you specify an MTP when one is not needed, or fail to configure an MTP if it is needed, it has been known to cause one way voice issues for ICT configurations.

Worth a check

Regards

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: