Views
Helpful
Replies

C2901 VWIC3-1MFT-T1/E1 frame relay

joerggrau
Level 1
Level 1

IOS  15.1(4)M1.

I am trying to setup my new 2901 running  15.1(4)M1 for frame realy via a VWIC3-1MFT-T1/E1 card.  Now I have set up plenty of frame relay connections via older serial cards, but I just cannot find any documentation on how to do this on one of the new VWIC3-1MFT-T1/E1s.  None of the commands I am used to seem to even exist.  None of the

encapsulation frame-relay ietf

frame-relay interface-dlci 16 ietf

seems to be there.  Could anyone point me to a document that would outline how to configure the card in IOS 15?

Thanks

Joerg

1 Reply 1

darren.g
Level 5
Level 5

joerggrau wrote:

IOS  15.1(4)M1.

I am trying to setup my new 2901 running  15.1(4)M1 for frame realy via a VWIC3-1MFT-T1/E1 card.  Now I have set up plenty of frame relay connections via older serial cards, but I just cannot find any documentation on how to do this on one of the new VWIC3-1MFT-T1/E1s.  None of the commands I am used to seem to even exist.  None of the

encapsulation frame-relay ietf

frame-relay interface-dlci 16 ietf

seems to be there.  Could anyone point me to a document that would outline how to configure the card in IOS 15?

Thanks

Joerg

Joerg

You need to configure a channel group containing the number of channels you have (depends on if you're an E1 or T1) and assign it to a serial interface.

See the following

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/1700/software/feature/guide/t1e11700.html#wp64656

Cheers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card