cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Directory Number on IPPhone, rings but can't answer.

wilfred malana
Level 1
Level 1

This is on CUCM 8.6, the DN in question is a DID from a SIP provider terminated on a 2811CUBE (not sure  of that is pertinent).

When I call the DID, it rings on phones that have that have that DN assigned to. But I can not answer the call. It will stop ringing on the receving phone when the handset is picked up,  but there is no audio path. The phone that is calling that DID/DN keeps on ringing.

Although internal CUCM extensions/DNs work okay.

Anyone know what's going on? Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is this an issue with all DID DNs or just one ? If it's an issue with multiple such DNs, then I would look into some codec related configuration done on CUBE gateway router. Usually, when there is codec issue, the call will be dropped as soon as DN phone goes off-hook but in your case, it doesnt disconnect & appears to be one way audio issue. Try enabling MTP on the gateway configuration to see if it fixes the one way audio issue.

To rule out any issues with individual phones, ensure they run on latest phone loads.

Pls rate helpful posts.

GP.

I only have have one DID/DN. Local CUCM DNs are fine.

I do not think its a codec issue, although correct me if I'm wrong. Outgoing calls from the CUCM phones to POTS work fine. I even setup CME phones in the CUBE router for testing. When the DID/DN is in CME it works fine. But not in CUCM.

Appreciate the insight.

Yes, I agree with you on codec point as I mentioned in my earlier response already. Lemme know some details on below..

1. Is this an issue with all DID DNs or just one ?

2. Did you try enabling MTP ?

3. Finally, does the phone run latest firmware ?

GP.

1. I only have one DID/DN. Local CUCM DNs are fine.

2. Enabling MTP did not help.

3. Yes. Running on latest firmwares.

Thanks again GP.

Wilfred,

As you mentioned " The phone that is calling that DID/DN keeps on ringing ", this means, the off-hook or answer signal from the DN is not reaching or passed on to the caller who is in PSTN. Thus caller keeps hearing the ringing tone even though the DN goes off-hook & obviously the DN user will not hear anything, as other end caller is still waiting for ringing tone to finish.

Not sure what exact config needs to be done to fix it, perhaps one line config is what we need on CUBE router. Will get back to you after some research.

If it's getting urgent, I would recommend opening a TAC case.

GP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: