Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS message

shrinivas.k
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In WCS showing 1 AP not yet assigned to Maps but when you open that it will non detected.

I m sure there was no new AP is connected to WLC or any AP is moved to unassigned Maps.

the WCS version is 6.0.196.0 & WLC - 60.0.199.4.

is there any bug ?

Thanks

shrinivas

11 Replies 11

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This is an odd one. Have you tried rebooting your WCS server ?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Hi George,

no, i have not tried....but rebooting WCS server it not possible due to production impact.

Any other way ?

Thanks

Shrinivas.K

I would be looking to get off of those code revs and onto the MD release 6.0.202 for both WCS and WLC. There were quite a few major issues with the .199.4 and .196 revs.

In the meantime I would suggest a reboot like George mentioned, production impact is minimal as it is only affecting people logged in looking at the system or creating guest users.

Thanks for your reply..I will try to do this.

After rebooting WCS server also, the problem remains same.

Any other thing to do ?

In WCS under configure access points check through your aps and see if you see one out of place. If you do delete it.

The only other option that comes to mind is to update to the latest WCS, which is 7.0.220.0. Ive been on 7.x WCS for about 9 months with no issues. And there is no issue with code compatibly. So long as your WCS is higher than your WLC you are good.

The upgrade should take you 30 - 60 minutes or so. Simply back up your WCS, unintsall old wcs, install new wcs, restore back up. Make sure you read the relase notes.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

ramkris2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Shrnivas,

This is because of a stale(Unassociated) entry sitting in the WCS database which is causing the discrepancy.

All you need to do is find the entry & remove/delete it. It can be done by clicking on the search button on the top right corner.

I've attached a screenshot with the search options for your reference. Once listed check the box for the entries & remove it.

Ram

Ram to the rescue again! +5

Is this documented anywhere, if so can you provide a link?

Thanks

Hi Ram & George thanks ...

Yes Ram, as per the George comments...it is involved any rescue again ? .because it should not create another problem.

can you confirm , it is documented anywhere

Thanks

Shrinivas.k

Hi Shrinivas,

This behavior is by design. All you're doing removing an unassociated entry from WCS I don't see why it would create any other problem. In a long shot, even if you shut down WCS,  it has no effect on your Wireless network/users/AP's.

Ram.

Thanks George.

If an AP goes offline/powered down/replaced, WCS would always hold the entry in it's local database so that it can update it's status once it's UP & operational but that seems to cause discrepancy when the reporting is done in the homepage. I'll check this internally.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: