cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C3750X stack : Difference between LanBase and Ipbase for Iscsi ?

manupraud
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Cisco let us try a CISCO C3750X- 24T-S  Stack (2 switches)  ->> IpBase Sofware licence

We've 2 Hyper-v 2008 R2 and one SAN Netapp FAS2040 connected via Iscsi.

All was working well with this stacks.

Hyper-V see Nas Iscsi interface without problem. Even with basic stack config (no Vlan, ect...).

Then, after this test period, we bought a C3750X-24T-L stack (2 switches) to replace the stack lent by Cisco.

This one is LanBase Software.

With this stack, hyper-v work very bad !

We've got a lot of Iscsi error in the eventvwr.

I can't access luns.

So, is there a difference between LanBase and IpBase for a iscsi use ?

I put the 24T-S config on the 24T-L switch without pb. So config is the same on both stacks...

Also i've got a "TestPortAsicLoopback" = "Failed" on the new stack...

I've tried with other stack cables. Not better.

Thks.

4 Replies 4

manupraud
Level 1
Level 1

Add-on :

System image file for lent stack is "flash:/c3750e-universalk9-mz.122-53.SE2/c3750e-universalk9-mz.122-53.SE2.bin"

System image file for bought stack is "flash:/c3750e-universalk9-mz.122-55.SE3/c3750e-universalk9-mz.122-55.SE3.bin"

hi,

are the windows servers and the nas connected to the same switch or are the servers on one switch of the stack and the nas on the other switch of the stack?

could you paste the "show interface" command for the specific ports here?

florian

Hi,

license should not matter in this case, since you are using the switches as layer-2 devices.

Disconnect the stacking cable and use each switch as an individual switch (no stacking).  Connect your storage devices to each switch. That should tell you which switch is not working. RMA the bad one.

HTH

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Also i've got a "TestPortAsicLoopback" = "Failed" on the new stack...

reboot the stack again.  If you get this error message again, RMA the faulty switch.  The easiest way to detect is to look at the "STATS" LED in the front panel.  The faulty switch should have a RED/AMBER LED.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card