Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about BGP routing tshooting.

from88
Level 4
Level 4

Hello there,

Have a problem at job and couldnt understant what is going on with routing between vrfs.

Just a quick question.

From base perspective: How could it be, if I can ping ip address using specified source - and it's successful. So we can assume that there is connectivity between them. But i cant understood why the ping in reverse is failing... Both points (for this example loopbacks) are ping enabled.

for ilustration:  Domain (A): ping X with source Z = successfull

Domain (B) reverese:ping Z with source X = unsuccesfull                 it the ping from one side is successful (replies can make way to come back we should asume all is ok, but...)

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

are you sourcing each ping from the right VRF?

can you post your config from both routers?

what type of devices are you using and what is the design look like?

hey man, sorry i cant, cause it's complex ISP network, but i can assure that there is no filters blocking icmps... and yes im sourcing right. Actualy this is not Cisco devices, but it's very simmilar  - Juniper ERXs. I just need some hints where i can continue troubleshooting

Have you configured the same RT on both routers. 

sample config:

instance-type vrf;

interface fe-0/0/2.0;

route-distinguisher 10.0.3.3:1;

vrf-target target:65412:100;

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco