cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VOICE Wireless Range Extender?

Dean Rose
Level 1
Level 1

Hi currently have a 320W in a Home Environment with 7 SPA525G2's.   2 of the 7 are connected to the network via Hard Wired ethernet cable, the other 5 are Wireless.  I'm running into issues with two of the 525G2's and them losing their "registration" back to the 320W.  I can only assume that distance is the issue.

One of the two I can run (and will) a hard wthernet cable to, the other one is in the Den on a table in the middle of the room whereby a cable cannot be run.  Are there are plans on providing some sort of VOICE repeater that could be connected to the 320W for better coverage?

Dean T Rose

Dallas, TX

2 Replies 2

rsawyer6003
Level 1
Level 1

You should be able to instal it a Cisco WAP in a better location for signal coverage and plug it into the UC320W and be ready to go. You will want to make sure your WAP supports at least two SSIDs, one for data and one for voice vlans. Have you checked the wifi signal at the phone location using a laptop? If it is a weak signal you could also replace the ant. on your uc320w with a higher gain ant. or purchase some ant. cable and relocate it. This may void your warranty so check with Cisco before doing so. That's just the option I would try because I'm cheap like that.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

obencandemir
Level 1
Level 1

I'm just bumping this thread because I have the same issue.

I would like more specific information on Cisco brand model numbers for access points that will work with the UC320W.

I am replacing all my Apple gear if this is possible.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: