Replies

CUCM database size for backup

ichehouri
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

i have customer who want to deploy the following:

Qty 3:Bare Metal UCS C210M2 Svr.,2xE5640 CPU,48GB RAM,10x146GB HDD

the first UCS server will have one publisher, one subscriber and one unity connection 8.6

the second UCS will have one subscriber and one unity connection 8.6

the third UCS will have two subscriber servers 8.6

note that total expected number of phones is 3000 to 4000

customer is asking what is the expected size of the database for backup since they need to have an FTP server to host minimum 3 backup dates

can someone provide me with estimate size?

regards,

Ibrahim

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There isn't a sizing tool yet, but here are some indicative data for single large CUCM Cluster :

15k devices, 1 TFTP server: 3-5 GB
20k devices, 2 TFTP servers: 3-5.5 GB
30k devices, 1 TFTP server: 3-6 GB

About Unity Connection, please refer http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/administration/guide/8xcucsag180.html#wp1055306 .

As per the example mentioned on the URL provided approximate 20GB backup space is good enough i.e. 15 GB of mail store + 1.25 GB for the database that contains information on the messages in the mailbox store.

Pls rate the post if it helps.

GP

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There isn't a sizing tool yet, but here are some indicative data for single large CUCM Cluster :

15k devices, 1 TFTP server: 3-5 GB
20k devices, 2 TFTP servers: 3-5.5 GB
30k devices, 1 TFTP server: 3-6 GB

About Unity Connection, please refer http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/administration/guide/8xcucsag180.html#wp1055306 .

As per the example mentioned on the URL provided approximate 20GB backup space is good enough i.e. 15 GB of mail store + 1.25 GB for the database that contains information on the messages in the mailbox store.

Pls rate the post if it helps.

GP

Thanks GP for the valuable info

regards,

Ibrahim

NP, happy to help.

GP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: