cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't make video call with my laptop builtin camera on CUCM 6.1.2

ayoussef.kamal
Level 1
Level 1

I have ip communicator with builtin camera on my laptop but i can't make a video call.

Does CUCM 6.1.2 can't make video calls with the builtin camera? does it need Cisco VT camera only?

BR,

9 Replies 9

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

IP Communicator does voice only. It emulates a 79xx handset, so if you want video you still have to install Video Advantage software. It can however work with most built-in cameras, you aren't tied to the Cisco one.

Regards

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Supported USB Cameras

Cisco Unified Video Advantage supports these USB cameras:

• Cisco VT Camera III (see Important Upgrade Information for Cisco VT Camera III)

• Cisco VT Camera II

• Logitech QuickCam Fusion

• Logitech QuickCam for Notebooks Pro

• Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000

• Logitech QuickCam Ultra Vision

• Microsoft LifeCam VX-6000

• Microsoft LifeCam NX-6000 Webcam

• Microsoft Lifecam HD (720p)

• Creative Webcam Live Pro USB 2.0 Webcam (see Important Notes)

• Tandberg PrecisionHD

I have a builtin camera on my TOSHIBA laptop and can't make a video call

Moreover, what about this quotation "

Note Cisco VT Advantage supports only the Cisco VT Camera, and the Cisco VT Camera works only with the Cisco VT Advantage software.

"

in the below link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/video/cuva/1_0_2/administration/guide/vinstall.html

So CVTA or CUVA SW has some drivers to install on your computer to allow you to select the mode of operation from either your video enabled Desk Phone (tethered PC in the integrated Switchport) or IP Communicator PC Phone (connected to the IPT Access Switch).  Did you install that?  In another life and a long time ago, I documented this: https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9675 to install it on the PC.  maybe it could help explain a little..

Or are you saying it is installed, the windows pop up for local and remote, and you just dont get video?  In this case, check your firewall (Trust the Application).

Having said all this, you should really look to the NEW Jabber client (coming soon) with full video, chat, and phone control.

Today, there is Webex Connect and CUPC, both have built in Video as well.

Yes i installed the required drivers, i succedded to let ip communicator linked with VT advantage. I got my pic on both local and remote screens.

Moreover, i disabled all firewalls i have.

I have no presense server. I think CUPC will not work without the presense server.

I have only CUCM 6.1.2, laptops with windows 7 and VT advantage and ip communicator.

does my setup will work with the above available s/w and servers only?

BR,

OK then...  Sounds like your ready to call another video endpoint :-)

Both devices being Video Enabled in CUCM (you should see a picture of a video camera on the softphone display screen if it is.

(asnd yes, CUPC requires a CUPS; I was only pointing out it as an option).

yes the pics of video camera are on both phones' screens.

will my setup work? if not, what is the minimum requirement(s) to let video call work? the above cams you have sent before?

BR,

I got that list from the release notes or data sheet, so perhaps thats it.

Thank you Steven for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: