cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320W with SPA504G

Michael Russo
Level 1
Level 1

Okay, so I have Comcast cable for my internet, and I have AT&T for my phone server.  I have 7 Analog phone lines.  I have a UC320W phone system, and 5 SPA504G phones, and 1 Cisco POE 24 port Switch.

I am able to obtain an IP address for all my phones ( 10.1.10.x )

I am not, however, able to obtain a dial tone from any of the phones.  I've plugged in 3 of the phone lines to the back of the UC320 to try and test some lines, and nothing works.   I do have a dial tone if I plug in a regular phone. 

I can access the configuration page to both the phones and the phone system without a problem.

What steps am I missing here?

7 Replies 7

rsawyer6003
Level 1
Level 1

You should get a dial tone on all phones even with no fxo or sip trunks. What model switch are you using? If its a sf200 or sf300 make sure the latest firmware is installed. The sf200 I used in my system arrived with outdated firmware. Once I updated to latest version with cdp everything was plug and play.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Michael Russo
Level 1
Level 1

It's the SG200 and it has the latest firmware. All phones pick up a local IP address, I'm not sure how to direct the phones to certain Phone numbers. None of them are dialing or receiving phone calls.

rsawyer6003
Level 1
Level 1

After you configure the uc320w it will show you a dashboard overview of the system, are there any red or yellow boxes? Are you using the uc320w in PBX, Blend, or Key System mode? Do your spa504g display the assigned extension numbers?

I feel your pain and I'll do my best to help you out. I too am preparing to deploy a new system over this three day weekend.

I will be back on the office Monday.  I'm using it in blend, I'll check for red/yellow boxes.  Thanks for all your help ;-). I'll keep you posted. 

Any news on the issue?

I was able to diagnose the issue.  When I'm at the office tomorrow I'll give the explanation :-). Too much for iPhone. 

rsawyer6003
Level 1
Level 1

Good to hear. Hope you enjoy the uc300 solution. I love mine so far.