cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

does the wap4410n and the ap541n work together as repeater?

flokki123
Level 3
Level 3

hi,

can you guys please tell me if the two ap´s mentioned above can work together in repeater mode?

had a look in the manuals of both and saw that on the wap4410n you have to enable the repeater mode and enter the mac of the opposed ap.

but on the ap541n it says that no settings have to be made.

anyone knows?

thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You should be able to if the ap541n is being used as an access point and the wap4410n is set as a repeater.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I believe that you the wap4410n can be setup as a repeater as long as it connectes to the ap541n not the other way around since the ap541n seems like it doesn't support being a repeater.

-Scott

hi scott,

thanks for the reply.

both ap´s can be run as a repeater, at least according to the manual.

but on the ap541 are no settings necessary and on the wap4410 you have to configure the mac.

i was actually wondering how it works if you dont configure anything on the ap541.

i only now it from netgear, there you have to set both ap´s to repeater mode, is it different with cisco?

florian

Most any devices you need to specify the role that device will be playing. I don't see how a device can be both an ap and then also use it as a repeater without making any configuration changes. On Cisco autonomous AP's there is an option for this setting.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

yeah i know what you mean. i think its really strange too.

but do you think, disregarding from the config, if they both support repeating, respectively both do wds that they can work together as a repeater?

florian

What do you mean work together. If both can support repeater mode, then one would have to be configured as an access point and the other as a repeater.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

i just meant, that i hope even though you dont have to configure anything on the ap541n, that they will work together and not that the ap541 just supports other ap541n in this mode.

that is actually my main question if these 2 ap´s will work with each other.

can i connect the wap4410n as a repeater to the ap541n?

florian

You should be able to if the ap541n is being used as an access point and the wap4410n is set as a repeater.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

hi scott,

thanks a lot for your help, really appreciate it!

florian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: